Thyroid Hormones in Las Vegas
Thyroid Hormone is a metabolic hormone secreted by the thyroid gland. It regulates temperature, metabolism, and cerebral function, which results in increase energy, temperature and warmth. it increases fat breakdown resulting in weight loss as well as lower cholesterol. It protects against cardiovascular disease by lowering cholesterol levels. It improves cerebral metabolism and prevents cognitive impairment. It relieves symptoms of thin, sparse hair, and thin nails. Thyroid affects every cell in the body.
People who suffer from Low Thyroid Function tend to experience fatigue and low energy, slowness in their thinking and actions, forgetfulness, mental confusion, depression, arthritis-like pain and susceptibility to colds and infections. Many of these aspects are considered normal aging; how ever now we know that it is secondary to thyroid insufficiency. The Thyroid Hormone could be an indispensable component of your hormone regimen. Thyroid production declines as we age, similar to other hormones. This is not considered to be true hypothyroidism but rather a thyroid insufficiency, which has in the past been thought to not require hormone replacement. Research has now shown that improving thyroid levels will alleviate many of the symptoms and allow our system to function more effectively and efficiently.
- Thyroid refers to a group of hormones produced in the body.
- The two main thyroid hormones are thyroxine or T4, and triiodothyronine or T3.
- T4 is produced by the thyroid gland. It is the inactive thyroid hormone in the body.
- T3 is produced by the thyroid gland and in the brain and liver via the conversion of T4. It is the active thyroid hormone in the body.
- Thyroid hormones are involved in regulating the body's metabolism, increasing energy, and regulating the menstrual cycle.
- This metabolic hormone decreases steadily with age.
- Lack of thyroid hormone results in cold intolerance, fatigue, lassitude, weight gain, increased cholesterol, thin and dry skin, hair loss, thin and brittle nails.
- Replenishment results in reversal of these symptoms plus increased energy and metabolism.
Call our office to schedule an appointment for treatment!