Myer's Cocktail in las vegas
What is the Myers' Cocktail?
The Myers’ Cocktail was originally developed by Dr. John Myers, a Maryland physician who used intravenous injections of several different nutrients to treat a wide range of conditions. The idea behind the Myers’ Cocktail is that many common conditions are caused by bloating, maldigestion and other abnormalities within the digestive process that prevent patients from fully absorbing the nutrients in their food. By injecting these nutrients directly into the bloodstream, they are delivered to your cells without interference from the digestive system.
This form of treatment is especially ideal for patients with digestive problems, including bloating, irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn’s disease. Similarly, many conditions cause the body to use up nutrients at a much faster rate for healing, which can be aided by injecting extra nutrients into the body.
This formula is an intravenous (IV) vitamin and mineral treatment containing magnesium, calcium, selenium, B vitamins, vitamin C and other nutrients that are found to be effective in so many common conditions. Furthermore it bypasses absorption issues which many patients suffer from. IV nutrients achieve serum concentrations not obtainable with oral or even intramuscular administration. Due to saturation of intestinal absorption and an increase in clearance by the kidneys oral dosing reaches a limit of concentration in the blood. For instance, increasing oral vitamin C by 1200% from 200 mg/day to 2,500 mg/day increases plasma concentration by only 25%. Delivery by IV administers a plasma level of the nutrient almost 10 times that of oral. These doses are often needed to have an effect with an illness such as a viral infection. For instance, the antiviral effect of vitamin C has been demonstrated at a concentration of 10 to 15 mg/dL, a level that can be obtained by IV but not oral dosing.
Conditions treated with Myers’ Cocktail Intravenous Push:
- Migraines and cluster headaches
- Acute muscle spasm
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Chronic sinusitis
- Viral infections
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic pain
- Hives and eczema
- Narcotic Withdrawal
The Myers' Push takes from 10 to 15 minutes to administer and is quite safe. Patients may notice a slight flush in the chest and/or face, sometimes patients feel it in the legs as well which indicates an increase in blood flow to the area. Patients may also notice a slight metallic taste as the minerals pass through the circulation of the palate.
Ingredients in the Myers' Cocktail have been shown to have the following effects in the body:
- Vitamin C reduces histamine by 72% at a concentration of 88mg/dL having a beneficial effect with allergies. Vitamin C and vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) are stored in the adrenal glands which are responsible for maintaining energy levels throughout the day. Vitamin C at 10 to 20ccs boosts immunity and is helpful in treating viral and bacterial infections.
- Magnesium relaxes smooth muscle both in the lung and circulation that may have beneficial effects on asthma, hypertension and angina. IV magnesium has been shown in studies to relieve the pain of migraine headaches within 15 minutes and also to completely relieve symptoms of photophobia, nausea and vomiting. Magnesium has also shown to benefit sufferers of CFS in that they notice decreased pain, improved emotional state and reduction or complete elimination of fatigue. Magnesium, along with calcium, vitamin C and B vitamins given IV or IM showed improvement in 74% of sufferers of fibromyalgia and myofacial pain.
- IV calcium has been shown to be beneficial in relieving the symptoms of asthma.
- Selenium aids in detoxification of heavy metals.
- B vitamins in the IV solution may have an effect on energy levels.
FMS: In a study reported in 2007 a modified Myers' push was given once a week for 8 weeks to 7 treatment-resistant fibromyalgia patients. At the end of the study, all reported increased energy levels within 24-48 hours after the infusion. There was a 80% decrease in fatigue, a 60% reduction of pain and increased activities of daily living.
Migraine Headaches: In a 1995 study, pain reduction of 50% or more was observed in 35 of 40 patients receiving IV magnesium. Those with lower serum levels of magnesium experienced pain relief that lasted at least 24 hours.